Whether you are looking for a corporate or construction career, exciting opportunities are waiting for you. Our people have helped us stand out as a leading general contracting organization, which is why we’re always looking for new talent—individuals who can bring innovative solutions and thinking to every project.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- Health benefits, Group Life Insurance
- Flexible vacation schedule
- Healthy and safe work environment
- Education reimbursement program
- Professional and career development program
- The opportunity to grow with us!
Newton Group Ltd. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We are interested in you and what challenges you. If your values are in sync with ours, we’d like to hear from you.
We are looking to fill the following positions:
Design-Build Commercial Sales Representative
As we continue to expand we are looking to grow our team with an adaptable, persuasive, energetic and dynamic person as a Sales and Marketing Associate. You will provide a strong expertise in sales and client servicing and will work to improve our market position and help us achieve financial growth. The candidate will define long-term organizational strategic goals, build key customer relationships, identify business opportunities, negotiate and close business deals as well as maintain extensive knowledge of current market conditions.
- New Business Development
- Client Retention
- Business Development Planning
- Management and Research
The successful candidate will require:
- 5 years of sales and 10 years of business development experience
- An MBA and/or an Engineering degree would be considered an asset
- Knowledge of AutoCAD would be considered an asset
- Excellent English both written and spoken is necessary
- Prior leadership or construction management/project management experience helpful
- Demonstrate a professional demeanor, strong sales and customer service skills as well as showing initiative, being goal-oriented and self-motivated with a strong work ethic.
Project Site Construction Manager
We require a minimum of 5 years commercial or civil construction experience in a general contracting environment. You are a self-starter and a leader and you don’t mind getting your hands dirty. You lead by example, know how to plan, organize and mentor. We offer a unique working experience whereby you are provided with autonomy to excel.
- Schedule and Manage multiple on site labour forces
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with project team, trade contractors architects, consultants and our clients
- Project planning and execution while working with the Program Manager
- Ensures comprehensive project close-out
- Manages project meetings
- Mentors and coach project staff
- Be responsible for project pursuits
- A passion and a background in renewable energy
- Hands-on working site experience
- A minimum of 5+ years progressive construction experience leading up to a Project Manager role
- Knowledge of off grid system designing
- Knowledge of Photovoltaic systems
- Knowledge of different construction methods, sequencing, problem solving and timelines
- Familiar with project management and site management software programs
- Knowledge of relevant construction law and building codes
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to establish a good working relationship with many different people, including owners, other managers, designers, supervisors, and trades people
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to solve problems related to construction, sequencing and staffing
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Microsoft Project
- Knowledge of Procore would be considered an asset
- Some out of town travel necessary
The Newton Group is a progressive company offering a competitive salary and benefits, with opportunity for advancement.
Email us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax at 519-822-6159. NO PHONE CALLS AND NO AGENCIES WILL BE ACCEPTED.
We thank all interested applicants, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.