Careers at Newton Group Ltd.
Whether you are looking for a corporate or construction career, exciting opportunities are waiting for you. Our people have helped us stand out as a leading general contracting organization, which is why we’re always looking for new talent—individuals who can bring innovative solutions and thinking to every project.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- Health benefits, Group Life Insurance
- Flexible vacation schedule
- Healthy and safe work environment
- Education reimbursement program
- Professional and career development program
- The opportunity to grow with us!
Newton Group Ltd. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We are interested in you and what challenges you. If your values are in sync with ours, we’d like to hear from you.
We are looking to fill the following positions:
At Newton Group Ltd, you are more than just an employee. You could be part of a team that works hard, plays hard, and makes a difference in your community. Newton Group offers a competitive compensation package. We not only reward you financially, but give you challenging assignments and a supportive work environment which promotes personal and professional growth.
The successful candidate will be responsible for field and project engineering, quality control, shop drawing review, submittals, scheduling, and related support functions.
- Assist Project Superintendent and Project Manager in establishing the construction plan and engineering methods.
- Coordinate and review drawings, submissions, specifications, changes and document control.
- Assist with the preparation and maintenance of the project schedule and costing system.
- Subcontract administration – defining scope of work, answering inquiries and monitoring progress.
- Designing temporary works and inspection.
- Woking as part of a highly skilled design team.
- 5+years progressive project design responsibility is required.
- A Structural Engineering degree or a Bachelor’s degree in Building Science or Construction Management is required.
- Demonstrated leadership, communication and interpersonal skills are a must.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, and Microsoft Project. BIM 360/Revit, AutoCAD and Sage Timberline are a plus.
We’re looking for an experienced Project Manager who will be reporting to the President, working from our Guelph office. The successful candidate will be part of a team of construction professionals responsible for overall administrative direction using PROCORE and Sage Timberline.
- Participate in pre-job planning meetings and subcontractor proposal reviews.
- Ensure job start documents and purchase orders are expedited.
- Co-operate fully with the Project Superintendent and site staff.
- Prepare working construction schedule and updates with the Project Superintendent.
- Log and approve shop drawings.
- Manage contract changes and purchase order revisions.
- Manage estimated cost changes.
- Manage requests for information.
- Liaise with owner, architects, consultants, suppliers, subcontractors.
- Chair owner meetings.
- Review and approve all subcontractor/supplier invoices.
- Prepare initial billing breakdown and manage subsequent monthly billings.
- Adopt and implement the Newton Group Health and Safety Program and ensures it is part of trade meetings.
- Review and monitor job cost and labour costs reports with Superintendent.
- Manage project deficiencies working with Superintendent.
- Manage job completion documents.
- Participate in Project Completion Analysis with Superintendent and other Newton Group staff.
- Actively mentor project coordinators and support staff on an ongoing basis.
- 5 or more years ICI construction experience in Project Manager role.
- Degree/diploma in Engineering or Construction Management or equivalent combination of technical training and/or related experience.
- Proficiency in MS Office, specifically Excel and Word.
- Proficiency using Sage Timberline or equivalent and PROCORE for management.
CNC Drill Line Operator
Based in Guelph Ontario, we are currently seeking an individual to join our growing team in the role of CNC Drill Line Operator. The successful candidate will produce machined parts by programming, setting up, and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; and maintaining equipment and supplies. This position is full-time, day shift.
We are looking for someone with:
- No CNC experience necessary but would be considered an asset
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to work under direction from senior operator(s)
- Crane experience beneficial
- An exceptional ability to complete detailed work with accuracy
- Demonstrated attention to detail and problem-solving skills with a mechanical aptitude
- Excellent mathematical skills and an ability to read blueprints
- Maintain a clean work area and follow safe-work procedures
- Take ownership for production of quality parts and check work-pieces with precision instruments
- Collaborate with shop manager to make adjustments and manage work flow
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team with strong communication skills
AZ Truck Driver
Based in Guelph Ontario, we are currently seeking someone to join our growing team in the role of AZ Truck Driver/Labourer. Currently the requirement is to transport locally (within the Greater Toronto Area), however that mandate could change in the future and is job specific. The ideal candidate would be flexible to fulfill regular shipping/receiving Labourer duties when deliveries are not required.
- Transport finished goods and raw materials over land to and from manufacturing plant to job sites
- Inspect vehicles for mechanical items and safety issues and perform preventative maintenance
- Plan routes and meet delivery schedules
- Document and log work/rest periods and kilometres spent driving and retain fuel/toll receipts
- Comply with truck driving rules and regulations (size, weight, route designations, parking and break periods) as well as with company policies and procedures
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions
- Collect and verify delivery instructions
- Report defects, accidents or violations
We are looking for people who have:
- Proven work experience as a truck driver, specifically flat deck trucking experience (including securing down loads)
- Hands on experience with electronic equipment and software (GPS, etc)
- Extensive knowledge of applicable truck driving rules and regulations
- No recent moving or driving violations
- Adaptability and foresight to handle unexpected situations (traffic, weather conditions etc)
- Willing to submit to background/drug checks and provide employment recommendations
- Trucking school diploma
- Valid AZ truck driving licence
- Experience with loading/unloading material such as structural steel or cement products would be an asset
- Certifications in Forklift and Overhead Crane an asset
- Able to work overtime and occasional Saturdays
Based in Etobicoke, we are currently looking for people with ability, skill and a strong desire to be part of our team who erects our own leading edge patented CanadaCar Parking Structure System. Experience in ICI construction, steel erection would be ideal but not required. Our preference is to hire people with drive and passion to join our dynamic team.
We operate year round, so the ideal candidate must be willing to work in all weather conditions and physically able to meet the strenuous demands of the job.
- Physically fit and capable of lifting 50+ Lbs
- Experience working in the construction industry (considered an asset)
- Basic hand and power tool experience (asset)
- Experience reading drawings (specifically steel/precast erection drawings)
- Proficient in using tools and equipment such as; band saws, ironworkers, OAC torches, benders, angle grinders, etc.
- Able to read part lists and identify parts to use in assembly
- Experienced in working with bolts (assembly of – familiar with washer/nuts etc)
- Certifications in Forklift and Crane an asset
- Experience in working with a Theodelite an asset
- Experience with grout an asset
- Strong work ethic
- Comfortable working at heights
- Able to work overtime and occasional Saturdays
- Able to provide their own transportation
- Clean driving record
Newton Group Ltd. is a progressive company offering a competitive salary and benefits, with opportunity for advancement.
Email us your resume at email@example.com or fax at 519-822-6159. NO PHONE CALLS AND NO AGENCIES WILL BE ACCEPTED.
We thank all interested applicants, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.