Careers at Newton Group Ltd.
Whether you are looking for a corporate or construction career, exciting opportunities are waiting for you. Our people have helped us stand out as a leading general contracting organization, which is why we’re always looking for new talent—individuals who can bring innovative solutions and thinking to every project.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- Health benefits, Group Life Insurance
- Flexible vacation schedule
- Healthy and safe work environment
- Education reimbursement program
- Professional and career development program
- The opportunity to grow with us!
Newton Group Ltd. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We are interested in you and what challenges you. If your values are in sync with ours, we’d like to hear from you.
We are looking to fill the following positions:
Human Resources Generalist
- The Human Resources Generalist will perform full cycle recruitment including sourcing, screening, interviewing, referencing and presenting offers to applicants for internal and external job postings. This position is full time and requires the successful candidate to be able to accommodate a flexible start/finish work schedule to the benefit of the company and potential new hires;
- Process new hire paperwork including capturing results for background checks
- Coordinates and conducts general orientation for new hires
- Utilize ATS system and other software to track and record hiring statistics, etc.
- Administers WSIB and Occupational Health & Safety follow up in conjunction with the JHSC
- Abide by Human Resources policies according to company policies and provincial and federal legislation including Employment Standards Act among others
- Serves as the initial point of advice, problem resolution, and facilitation in the area of employee relations, performance management, and employee discipline
- Advises both employees and management regarding employee relations policies and procedures, association/contract terms and conditions
- Researches, identifies and analyzes specific employee relations concerns and makes appropriate recommendations to management
- Assists management with performance management including progressive discipline and termination
- Conduct and coordinate exit interviews for departing employees
- Complete required paperwork and correspondence for employee transfers
- Other duties as assigned including assisting the President and Vice President
- A minimum of 3 years Human Resources Generalist experience is required, preference will be given to those with experience in Manufacturing and Construction
- CHRP or CHRL designations are preferred
- Successful completion of post secondary education required, preferably in Human Resources
- Knowledge of relevant Employment legislation including Employment Standards Act, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Human Rights legislation
- Superior computer skills including experience with MS Word and Excel combined with experience with ATS systems
- Commitment to cultural diversity in the workplace as it relates to the employment process
- A commitment to providing excellent customer service combined with a sense of urgency in order to meet the needs of the business, detail oriented, organized
- Ability to regularly travel outside the city to sites as required
- Ability to provide a clear criminal background check and clean drivers abstract required
This integral position will report to the Vice President. The successful candidate will be responsible for full cycle recruitment, Employee Relations, Performance Management, Compensation & Benefits, WSIB and assisting with Training & Development.
Please respond with salary expectation. We thank all interested applicants, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
At Newton Group Ltd, you are more than just an employee. You could be part of a team that works hard, plays hard, and makes a difference in your community. Newton Group offers a competitive compensation package. We not only reward you financially, but give you challenging assignments and a supportive work environment which promotes personal and professional growth.
The successful candidate will be responsible for field and project engineering, quality control, shop drawing review, submittals, scheduling, and related support functions.
- Assist Project Superintendent and Project Manager in establishing the construction plan and engineering methods.
- Coordinate and review drawings, submissions, specifications, changes and document control.
- Assist with the preparation and maintenance of the project schedule and costing system.
- Subcontract administration – defining scope of work, answering inquiries and monitoring progress.
- Designing temporary works and inspection.
- Woking as part of a highly skilled design team.
- 5+years progressive project design responsibility is required.
- A Structural Engineering degree or a Bachelor’s degree in Building Science or Construction Management is required.
- Demonstrated leadership, communication and interpersonal skills are a must.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, and Microsoft Project. BIM 360/Revit, AutoCAD and Sage Timberline are a plus.
We’re looking for an experienced Project Manager who will be reporting to the President, working from our Guelph office. The successful candidate will be part of a team of construction professionals responsible for overall administrative direction using PROCORE and Sage Timberline.
- Participate in pre-job planning meetings and subcontractor proposal reviews.
- Ensure job start documents and purchase orders are expedited.
- Co-operate fully with the Project Superintendent and site staff.
- Prepare working construction schedule and updates with the Project Superintendent.
- Log and approve shop drawings.
- Manage contract changes and purchase order revisions.
- Manage estimated cost changes.
- Manage requests for information.
- Liaise with owner, architects, consultants, suppliers, subcontractors.
- Chair owner meetings.
- Review and approve all subcontractor/supplier invoices.
- Prepare initial billing breakdown and manage subsequent monthly billings.
- Adopt and implement the Newton Group Health and Safety Program and ensures it is part of trade meetings.
- Review and monitor job cost and labour costs reports with Superintendent.
- Manage project deficiencies working with Superintendent.
- Manage job completion documents.
- Participate in Project Completion Analysis with Superintendent and other Newton Group staff.
- Actively mentor project coordinators and support staff on an ongoing basis.
- 5 or more years ICI construction experience in Project Manager role.
- Degree/diploma in Engineering or Construction Management or equivalent combination of technical training and/or related experience.
- Proficiency in MS Office, specifically Excel and Word.
- Proficiency using Sage Timberline or equivalent and PROCORE for management.
Newton Group Ltd. is a progressive company offering a competitive salary and benefits, with opportunity for advancement.
Email us your resume at email@example.com or fax at 519-822-6159. NO PHONE CALLS AND NO AGENCIES WILL BE ACCEPTED.
We thank all interested applicants, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.