Careers at Newton Group Ltd.
Whether you are looking for a corporate or construction career, exciting opportunities are waiting for you. Our people have helped us stand out as a leading general contracting organization, which is why we’re always looking for new talent—individuals who can bring innovative solutions and thinking to every project.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- Health benefits, Group Life Insurance
- Flexible vacation schedule
- Healthy and safe work environment
- Education reimbursement program
- Professional and career development program
- The opportunity to grow with us!
Newton Group Ltd. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We are interested in you and what challenges you. If your values are in sync with ours, we’d like to hear from you.
We are looking to fill the following positions:
The Estimator will be the first point of contact for developing and maintaining partnerships with trades, subcontractors, and suppliers. Expected to prepare reports, bids, and takeoffs for various projects and divisions. Responsible for negotiating with a variety of contractors, sub contractors and partners fitting the budget and scheduling requirements. Communication is expected with all divisions to ensure alignment.
- Experience in creating and monitoring construction estimates across a variety of project types and delivery methods, including design-build, general tender, lump sum and construction management with the ability to work with and lead a team in the preparation of estimates for major projects using COST-OS estimating software and advanced Microsoft Excel.
- Effectively determine the bid strategies required for the company to be successful as well as plan, coordinate and supervise large projects.
- Review all final estimate packages to insure accuracy and completeness, prior to formal quotation.
- Engineering degree or equivalent combinations of technical training and/or related experience. Advanced management or technical training preferred.
- Extensive (8 or more years) experience in similar facility construction estimating and related functions plus thorough knowledge of corporate objectives impacting estimating, estimating strategies and techniques, and construction contracts required.
- Excellent organizational, supervisory and decision making/problem solving skills essential.
- Excellent communication and client relation skills
STRUCTURAL STEEL FITTER/WELDER
Based in Guelph Ontario, the successful candidate will join our growing and experienced metal fabrication team in the role of Structural Steel Fitter.
- Fit structural steel
- Weld structural steel as needed
- Work with blueprints or instructions from supervisors
- Able to use standard shop tools and equipment such as; grinders, band saws, OAC torches, ironworker, drill presses, etc.
- 5 years of structural steel fitting experience
- Current CWB GMAW Flat ticket considered an asset
- Possess own layout tools
- Forklift certification considered an asset
- Able to work overtime and occasional Saturday
- Able to provide their own transportation
As we continue to expand we are looking to grow our team with an adaptable, detailed oriented, accountable and dependable person as a Designer. You will provide a detailed approach to drawing and designing on every project. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with our experienced design team to produce highly accurate drawings for clients, partners, the fabrication team and the construction team.
- New Build Designs for Proposals
- Adjust, Manipulate and Manage Designs per Client Expectations
- Prepare Plans and Designs in Accordance with Established Codes and Standards
- Perform Routine Calculations as Directed
The successful candidate will require:
- 3 years of design experience for permanent structures
- Experience with AutoCAD and Revit
- Extreme attention to detail
- A high level of software competency through on-going use
- An Engineering degree would be considered an asset
- An understanding of established building codes and standards
- An understanding of current construction practices would be considered an asset
- Ability to read schedules would be considered an asset
- Excellent English both written and spoken is necessary
Based in Guelph, we are looking for people to immediately begin working with the firm’s build site. Journeyperson Carpenters would be responsible for building, installing, and repairing structures, fixtures, mechanical rooms, and other items using different types of materials including wood, metal, precast and steel.
We operate year round, so the ideal candidates must be willing to work in all weather conditions and physically able to meet the strenuous demands of the job.
- Working at heights
- Estimate height, width, length, and other proportions.
- Select materials.
- Work with blueprints or instructions from supervisors.
- Work with materials such as wood, concrete, and steel
- Utilize chisels, planes, saws, drills, and sanders to repair and erect structures.
- Join materials with nails, screws, staples, or adhesives.
- Check work along the way to ensure it's up to code and specifications.
- Use levels, rules, plumb bobs, framing squares, and surveying equipment to ensure everything is level and secure.
- Build concrete forms for various construction project.
- Red Seal Carpenters License (Asset)
- Ontario Journeypersons Carpenters License (Asset)
- Must be physically fit.
- Must be a team player, but can work independently
- Upon occasion must be available to travel.
Based in Guelph, we are currently looking for people with ability, skill and a strong desire to be part of our team who erects our own leading edge patented CanadaCar Parking Structure System. Experience in ICI construction, steel erection would be ideal but not required. Our preference is to hire people with drive and passion to join our dynamic team.
We operate year round, so the ideal candidate must be willing to work in all weather conditions and physically able to meet the strenuous demands of the job.
- Physically fit and capable of lifting 50+ Lbs
- Experience working in the construction industry (considered an asset)
- Basic hand and power tool experience (asset)
- Experience reading drawings (specifically steel/precast erection drawings)
- Proficient in using tools and equipment such as; band saws, ironworkers, OAC torches, benders, angle grinders, etc.
- Able to read part lists and identify parts to use in assembly
- Experienced in working with bolts (assembly of – familiar with washer/nuts etc)
- Certifications in Forklift and Crane an asset
- Experience in working with a Theodelite an asset
- Experience with grout an asset
- Strong work ethic
- Comfortable working at heights
- Able to work overtime and occasional Saturdays
- Able to provide their own transportation
- Clean driving record
- Flexibility to work at different sites and locations
Based in Guelph Ontario, we are currently seeking someone to join our growing team in the role of Master Electrician. The successful candidate will be working with the firms’ renewable energy team; be licensed in Ontario and bring to the table hands on experience.
- Operating Electrical Switchgear, Breakers, MCC's and related equipment
- Monitoring system operations
- Inspecting and maintaining electrical equipment and systems
- Good knowledge of electric distribution systems
- Good knowledge of ESA and Code Regulations
- Infrared Testing and logging equipment operation and data reading
- Ability to calibrate and troubleshoot instrumentation (i.e. relays, electrical components) is a must
- Familiar with blue print reading and capable of assisting engineering in best design practices for electrical designs
- Must have experience with High Voltage up to and including 27.6 KV
- Must be able to make effective technical decisions in emergency situations
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Must be computer literate and have basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to Inspect energy meter and related equipment
- Conduct weekly inspections and site safety inspections
- Conduct monthly inventory of tools and spare parts
- Oversee general good housekeeping
- Must have at least five years of experience in a renewable energy environment and/or ICI construction/industrial
- Must have Ontario Master Electricians License
- Must be computer literate and have basic knowledge of Microsoft Office including Project and Excel
- Must be able to obtain required security clearance when necessary
- Must be physically fit
- Must be a team player, but can work independently
- Must have a valid driver’s license with clean driving record (abstract will be required)
Newton Group Ltd. is a progressive company offering a competitive salary and benefits, with opportunity for advancement.
At Newton Group Ltd. we seek diversity. Differing perspectives lead to challenging the expected, which keeps new ideas bubbling up. We’re an equal opportunity employer and invite applications from candidates from all backgrounds, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic.
Email us your resume at email@example.com or fax at 519-822-6159. NO PHONE CALLS AND NO AGENCIES WILL BE ACCEPTED.
We thank all interested applicants, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.