AZ Truck Driver
Where innovation, technology and integrity come together.
Newton Group Ltd. continues to be at the forefront of the construction industry through the use of innovative technology, advanced building and manufacturing practices, and having a problem-solving team environment.
Come join our team of leading professionals with a variety of expertise; superintendents, estimators, engineers, trade professionals, project managers, HR, accounting and legal professionals.
Based in Guelph Ontario, we are currently seeking someone to join our growing team in the role of AZ Truck Driver/Labourer. Currently the requirement is to transport locally (within the Greater Toronto Area), however that mandate could change in the future and is job specific. The ideal candidate would be flexible to fulfill regular Shipping/Receiving Labourer duties when deliveries are not required.
This role benefits the team by:
- Transporting finished goods and raw materials over land to and from manufacturing plant to job sites
- Inspecting vehicles for mechanical items and safety issues and performing preventative maintenance
- Planning routes and meeting delivery schedules
- Documenting and logging work/rest periods and kilometres spent driving and retaining fuel/toll receipts
- Complying with truck driving rules and regulations (size, weight, route designations, parking and break periods) as well as with company policies and procedures
- Maneuvering trucks into loading or unloading positions
- Collecting and verifying delivery instructions
- Reporting defects, accidents or violations
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience
What our ideal candidate brings to the team:
- Valid AZ truck driving licence
- Proven work experience as a truck driver, specifically flat deck trucking experience (including securing down loads)
- Hands on experience with electronic equipment and software (GPS, etc)
- Extensive knowledge of applicable truck driving rules and regulations
- No recent moving or driving violations
- Adaptability and foresight to handle unexpected situations (traffic, weather conditions etc)
- Willing to submit to background/drug checks and provide employment recommendations
- Trucking school diploma
- Experience with loading/unloading material such as structural steel or cement products would be an asset
- Certifications in Forklift and Overhead Crane an asset
- Able to work overtime and occasional Saturdays
Newton Group Ltd. consistently ranks among the best companies to work for, and we aspire to be the most respected builder, renowned for excellence, leadership, and unsurpassed value.
Newton Group Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes and encourages all applicants.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Qualified candidates should email their resume to email@example.com or fax to: 519-822-6159.
Please note that only those being invited to interview will be contacted, no agencies and no telephone calls please.
Return to the Careers Page.