Based in Guelph, we are currently looking for people with ability, skill and a strong desire to be part of our team who works with concrete by: placing, pouring, finishing, protecting and repairing the concrete in engineering and construction projects as well as cutting, bending, and preparing rebar for molds. Experience in a precast concrete shop would be ideal. Our preference is to hire people with drive and passion to join our dynamic team.
- Working at heights
- Estimate height, width, length, and other proportions
- Select materials
- Work with blueprints or instructions from supervisors
- Work with materials such as wood, concrete, and steel
- Utilize chisels, planes, saws, drills, and sanders to repair and erect structures
- Join materials with nails, screws, staples, or adhesives
- Check work along the way to ensure it's up to code and specifications
- Use levels, rules, plumb bobs, framing squares, and surveying equipment to ensure everything is level and secure
- Build concrete forms for various construction project
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience
- Ontario Journeyman Carpenters License (considered an asset)
- Physically fit and capable of lifting 50+ Lbs, handling heavy loads, bending, crouching, kneeling, standing for extended periods
- Experience working in the construction industry (considered an asset)
- Experienced in reading drawings (specifically concrete/precast erection drawings)
- Experienced in cutting, bending and fixing rebar and molds
- Experienced in building concrete forms for various construction projects
- Able to read part lists and identify parts to use in assembly
- Certifications in Forklift and Crane an asset
- Strong work ethic
- Comfortable working at heights
- Able to work overtime and occasional Saturdays
- Able to provide their own transportation
Newton Group Ltd. consistently ranks among the best companies to work for, and we aspire to be the most respected builder, renowned for excellence, leadership, and unsurpassed value. Newton Group Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes and encourages all applicants.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Qualified candidates should email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to: 519-822-6159.
Please note that only those being invited to interview will be contacted for an interview, no agencies and no telephone calls please.
Return to the Careers Page.