Where innovation, technology and integrity come together.
Our purpose at Newton Group Ltd. is to be the best of the best in the Design+Build ICI construction industry. We believe in our products and our people, we believe that a truly inspiring and diverse place to work is a must. We want you to join our team of passionate self-starters who believe the world is full of untapped opportunities. We continue to expand and have an exciting opportunity for a Journey Electrician.
Based in Guelph Ontario the successful candidate will be working with the firms’ renewable energy team; be licensed in Ontario and bring to the table hands on experience.
- Operating Electrical Switchgear, Breakers, MCC's and related equipment.
- Monitoring system operations.
- Inspecting and maintaining electrical equipment and systems
- Good knowledge of electric distribution systems.
- Good knowledge of ESA and Code Regulations
- Infrared Testing and logging equipment operation and data reading
- Ability to calibrate and troubleshoot instrumentation (i.e. relays, electrical components) is a must.
- Familiar with blue print reading and capable of assisting engineering in best design practices for electrical designs.
- Must have experience with High Voltage up to and including 27.6 KV.
- Must be able to make effective technical decisions in emergency situations.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Must be computer literate and have basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to Inspect energy meter and related equipment
- Conduct weekly inspections and site safety inspections
- Conduct monthly inventory of tools and spare parts
- Oversee general good housekeeping
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience
- Experience in a renewable energy environment and/or ICI construction/industrial.
- Valid and current Ontario Journey Electricians License.
- Must be computer literate and have basic knowledge of Microsoft Office including Project and Excel.
- Must be able to obtain required security clearance when necessary.
- Physically fit and able to complete field work.
- A team player that can work independently.
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving abstract.
Newton Group Ltd. consistently ranks among the best companies to work for, and we aspire to be the most respected builder, renowned for excellence, leadership, and unsurpassed value.
Newton Group Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes and encourages all applicants.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Qualified candidates should email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to: 519-822-6159.
Please note that only those being invited to interview will be contacted, no agencies and no telephone calls please.
Return to the Careers Page.