Where innovation, technology and integrity come together.
Newton Group Ltd. continues to be at the forefront of the construction industry through the use of innovative technology, advanced building and manufacturing practices, and having a problem-solving team environment.
Come join our team of leading professionals with a variety of expertise; superintendents, estimators, engineers, trade professionals, project managers, HR, accounting and legal professionals.
We’re looking for an experienced Project Manager who will be reporting to the President, working from our Guelph office. The successful candidate will be part of a team of construction professionals responsible for overall administrative direction using Procore and Sage Timberline.
- Participating in pre-job planning meetings and subcontractor proposal reviews
- Ensuring job start documents and purchase orders are expedited
- Co-operating fully with the Project Superintendent and site staff
- Preparing working construction schedule and updates with the Project Superintendent
- Logging and approving shop drawings
- Managing contract changes and purchase order revisions
- Managing estimated cost changes
- Managing requests for information
- Liaising with owner, architects, consultants, suppliers, subcontractors
- Chairing owner meetings
- Reviewing and approving all subcontractor/supplier invoices
- Preparing initial billing breakdown and manage subsequent monthly billings
- Adopting and implementing the Newton Group Health and Safety Program and ensuring it is part of trade meetings
- Reviewing and monitoring job cost and labour costs reports with Superintendent
- Managing project deficiencies working with Superintendent
- Managing job completion documents
- Participating in Project Completion Analysis with Superintendent and other Newton Group staff
- Actively mentoring project coordinators and support staff on an ongoing basis
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience
- 5 or more years ICI construction experience in Project Manager role
- Degree/diploma in Engineering or Construction Management or equivalent combination of technical training and/or related experience
- Proficiency in MS Office, specifically Excel and Word
- Proficiency using Sage Timberline or equivalent and Procore
Newton Group Ltd. consistently ranks among the best companies to work for, and we aspire to be the most respected builder, renowned for excellence, leadership, and unsurpassed value.
Newton Group Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes and encourages all applicants.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Qualified candidates should email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to: 519-822-6159.
Please note that only those being invited to interview will be contacted, no agencies and no telephone calls please.
Return to the Careers Page.