Based in Guelph, we are currently looking for people with ability, skill and a strong desire to be part of our team who erects our own leading edge patented CanadaCar Parking Structure System. Experience in ICI construction, steel erection would be ideal but not required. Our preference is to hire people with drive and passion to join our dynamic team. We operate year round, so the ideal candidate must be willing to work in all weather conditions and physically able to meet the strenuous demands of the job.
- Working at heights
- Estimate height, width, length, and other proportions
- Work with blueprints or instructions from supervisors
- Work with materials such as wood, concrete, and steel
- Utilize various hand and power tools to repair and erect structures
- Join materials with nails, screws, staples, or adhesives
- Check work along the way to ensure it's up to code and specifications
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience
- Physically fit and capable of lifting 50+ Lbs
- Experience working in the construction industry (considered an asset)
- Basic hand and power tool experience (asset)
- Experience reading drawings (specifically steel/precast erection drawings)
- Able to read part lists and identify parts to use in assembly
- Experienced in working with bolts (assembly of – familiar with washer/nuts etc)
- Certifications in Forklift and Crane an asset
- Experience in working with a Theodelite an asset
- Experience with grout an asset
- Strong work ethic
- Comfortable working at heights
- Able to work overtime and occasional Saturdays
- Able to provide their own transportation
- Clean driving record
Newton Group Ltd. consistently ranks among the best companies to work for, and we aspire to be the most respected builder, renowned for excellence, leadership, and unsurpassed value. Newton Group Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes and encourages all applicants.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Qualified candidates should email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to: 519-822-6159.
Please note that only those being invited to interview will be contacted for an interview, no agencies and no telephone calls please.
Return to the Careers Page.